Find Router IP address
If you need to make some configuration changes to the router, then you need to login to your router, then you know that the IP address is required to login to the router. If you have forgotten the IP address of the router, what is that IP address, then here we are told about each platform. If you think that why should I find the IP address, then this is a very good question, there are many reasons for this. First of all, if you want to configure the root then you will need to login to the router and you will need an IP address to log in to the router. Most router manufacturers use 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 as the default LAN IP address. Sabai OS VPN routers 192.168.199.1 use this IP address. This is the address you enter in your browser's address bar to access the control panel and settings. Another reason for this is configuring a static IP address for IoT devices, security cameras, or NAS devices. You need a static IP address for these devices and can only be set in the control panel of your router. Knowing your router's IP address can also be helpful in troubleshooting or ping tests of your router or network connection. You also need your router's IP address to change your Wi-Fi name and password or to set up a VPN protocol such as Open VPN or PPTP.
What is an IP Address?
An Internet Protocol (IP) address is primarily a unique string of numbers that identifies devices in a network. This is a kind of mailing address, which will let the mailman know where to leave your package. There are two types of IP addresses: a public IP address and a private IP address. The public IP address is primarily given to you by your Internet service provider (ISP), such as AT&T or Comcast. However, a private IP address allows you to communicate with all your devices on your private network with each other. To be connected to the outside world, devices with private IP addresses usually need to be connected to a public IP address via a modem. The IP address is also static or dynamic. A static IP address does not change over time while a dynamic IP address changes over time. In most cases, your router will take the (mostly) static public IP address from your modem and convert it to a dynamic private IP address. This allows you to buy new devices and connect them to your WiFi without setting a new IP address for each device.
How to find the IP address of your router using Windows
- To find the IP address on Windows, you must first click on the window button.
- Then you will see a search bar at the bottom, type "cmd" on that search bar, and press enter button.
- Now pressing the enter button will open a command prompt.
- After that, you have to type the command "ipconfig" in your command prompt and press the enter button.
- As soon as you press the enter button, some details will appear on your computer screen.
- Now you have to find the "Default Gateway" section. The number listed here is the default IP address of your router.
How to find the IP address of your router using a Mac
- To find the IP address of your router using a Mac, first of all, you need to click on the Apple icon at the top of your screen and go to System Preferences.
- Now you have to select the network.
- Then, on the left side, you will see the Wi-Fi network that you are connecting to. Select it and click on Advanced
- Now TCP / IP tab has to be selected.
- Now you should see the IP address of the router, which is listed next to the "router"
How to find the IP address of your router using an Android
The easiest way to find the router's default IP on Android devices would be to install an app called Wi-Fi Analyzer. Go to the Play Store and have to search for Wi-Fi Analyzer and install and open that application. Now tap on view and choose AP list. Search for teh string Connected: [Network Name]. If found, you have to tap on that wire. Now let's see a new window that shows you all the important information of your network connection in which your router IP address will be shown like the picture below.
How to find the IP address of your router using an iPhone or iPad
- First, you have to go to Settings then tap on "Wi-Fi"
- Now you have to tap on the Wi-Fi page, the Wi-Fi network that you are connected to.
- Scroll to the "IPV4 ADDRESS" section. Your router's IP address is listed next to "router."
Find your router IP address on Chrome OS
- First, you have to click on the notification area on the right side of your taskbar.
- Then select the Wi-Fi you are connected to;
- Now a new window will pop up on your computer screen. Click on the Network tab. You will see your IP under the gateway.
How to Find Router IP Address with the Terminal App
- First, you have to open the terminal app. You can see this by opening your application folder and double-clicking the utilities.
- Then you need netstat -nr. grep will be the default type, and press the Enter button.
- Now your router's IP address will be indicated after the line which says “default.”