The Best Wireless Routers for 2021
- Google WiFi
- In Google WiFi, you get two high-speed Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- These two ports serve as LAN and WAN ports on the primary unit.
- In this, you can control the system easily by using Alexa and Google Home Voice Commands.
- It has dual-band Wifi (2.4GHz / 5GHz) together which supports all these standards IEEE 802.11a / b / g / n / ac.
- This 3-pack Google Wifi system is perfect for a large home (3000-4500 sq ft)
- This Google WiFi 710 MHz quad-core processor coupled with 512 MB RAM ensures excellent network performance.
- In this, you get an antenna-less elegant design.
- In addition to managing and setting up the Google WiFi router network, the proprietary app provides nifty features like controlling your smart home
- It costs a lot less than other Wi-Fi systems.
- It has impressive performance on all Wi-Fi bands.
- This router's subtle and compact design fits perfectly anywhere in your home.
- The only cons in this router are that whenever you use the Wi-Fi system, you need to be logged in to your Google account.
- TP-Link Talon AD7200
- The TP-Link Talon AD7200 router has eight state-of-the-art external antennas that help to maximize range and performance.
- In this router, you get 1 WAN and four high-speed Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- It has two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports allowing you to transfer files directly to an external HDD or USB drive.
- The TP-Link Talon AD7200 router uses multi-band technology to run three different Wi-Fi bands simultaneously.
- This router supports a combined Wi-Fi speed of 7.2 Gbps (band 1: 800 Mbps @ 2.4GHz, band 2: 1733 Mbps @ 5GHz, band 3: 4600 Mbps @ 60GHz).
- While a traditional router can only stream one device at a time, the TP-Link Talon AD7200 router's wireless AC and multi-user MIMO technology provide simultaneous streaming.
- It has a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor powerful enough to support multiple users simultaneously.
- Due to it being a TP-Link Tether mobile application, installation, and management of the router is very easy.
- The price is reasonable when you compare it to the NETGEAR Nighthawk X10.
- The performance on all the Wi-Fi bands is very impressive.
- The AD frequency band is currently supported by a handful of devices and signals do not penetrate through walls
- This router has a huge footprint.
- NETGEAR Nighthawk X10
- It allows 10 Gigabit LAN SFP + ports to use Quick Network-Attached Storage (NAS)
- It can also have two gigabit Ethernet ports connected to provide speeds up to 2 Gbps.
- It can deliver 160 MHz Wi-Fi mobile devices at double the speed.
- The NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 router has two super-speed USB 3.0 ports.
- This router genie app comes with a plethora of features to manage, control, and repair your home network.
- The NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 router is an Amazon drive backup and supports Amazon Alexa commands.
- It features 802.11ac quad-stream Wave2 Wi-Fi connectivity with MU-MIMO, which helps deliver high-speed Wi-Fi to multiple devices simultaneously.
- The NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 router supports a combined Wi-Fi speed of 7.2 Gbps (band 1: 800 Mbps @ 2.4GHz, band 2: 1733 Mbps @ 5GHz, band 3: 4600 Mbps @ 60GHz).
- It features 1.7 GHz quad-core processor gaming and 4K streaming performance aids.
- A 10 Gbps LAN SFP + port is great if you use a high-end NAS server.
- The installation and management of this router is extremely easy due to proprietary applications provided by NETGEAR
- Performance on all Wi-Fi bands in the NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 router is impressive.
- The NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 router costs a bit more.
- The ad frequency band is supported by only a handful of devices and signals enter through walls.
- D-Link DIR 890L – Best Range Wireless Router
- Speed is fast in this router and it is very easy to set up and use.
- It also has a good speed limit when using this device for Wi-Fi.
- The D-Link DIR 890L router comes with the ability to double as a NAS by connecting external hard drives.
- They usually produce stellar quality and amazing aesthetics.
- This router is very easy to setup
- This router mainly comes with a decent range of fast and problem-free Wi-Fi.
- Can not disassemble D-Link DIR 890L router antennas
- This router price may be an issue for some.
- NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000
- This router usually supports DD-WRT.
- This router is fully capable of running 3rd party firmware based on Linux.
- NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000 router also supports OpenVPN.
- The quality of this router is excellent.
- It features an incredible, unique performance on a five GHz band.
- Although this router performance is good, the 2.4 GHz band suffers to deliver as good as the competition.
- Software features are a nice addition to this, although they require proper refinement
- This usually amazing build quality comes at the cost of additional bulkiness that may not entice everyone.
- Asus RT-AC88U – The Gamers Choice
- This wireless router provides a stylish, sleek look.
- This RT-AC88U is an AC3100 router with a total of 8 Gigabit LAN ports.
- These ports are usually capable of delivering high-speed Internet without suffering any performance issues.
- This router is mainly good for gaming.
- You get great Wi-Fi performance in this router.
It has the best web interface, is simple, easy to use, and highly intuitive.
- The Asus RT-AC88U router comes with an 8 Gigabit LAN port that can easily handle the fastest possible Internet.
- It has the USB 3.0 status.
7.Amped Wireless RTA2600 Athena
The Amped Wireless RTA2600 Athena router is not expensive. Although this router does not have a lot of features like some others, it is polished properly and you don't have to spend countless hours trying to figure out whether What is this. The router control panel is incredibly responsive, this router is very easy to setup. This router comes with powerful hardware that should protect it without giving it any performance issues. The Amped Wireless RTA2600 Athena router gives you good performance and it is very easy to use the router. In this router, you get everything to fit in a compact design. In this router, you can easily connect other devices with the help of wifi and the display will be stellar. Perhaps, this RTA2600 is one of the major selling points of the Athena router.
- Wi-Fi performance is better on the Amped Wireless RTA2600 Athena router.
- For those who have little knowledge about networking, it is very easy to set up the router, it can very easily set up and configure the router.
- Amped Wireless RTA2600 Athena Router surprisingly provides a great display.
- This Amped Wireless RTA2600 Athena router has very few features
- Its value cannot attract everyone.