192.168.1.12 IP Address
To access the admin page type 192.168.1.12 into your web browser’s address bar or click on the link below.
Detected IP Address
Local IP Address: 192.168.1.12
Admin Router Login 192.168.1.12
Based on your local ip address, this should be your router admin ip address. This is only the case if you are in the same network as your wifi router.
Default logins for 192.168.1.12
What is 192.168.1.12?
192.168.1.12 is a Private IP Address for use within a private network only. Routers, modems, and many other devices can utilize this address. Trying to find your router's login? You are right on the mark.
Router Username and Password List for 192.168.1.12
You haven't changed the username and password for your router? Good one! The Default Credentials are given in the following table. Tap on your List router: 192.168.1.12 Router Admin Passwords and Login Id 192.168.1.12 is an IP address used as an access point or gateway for routers such as Linksys and other network brands; In this address, companies set up router admin access so that network administrators can configure their routers and networks. One can handle Security Options, Network Management, IP QoS, DNS, Proxy, LAN, WAN, WLAN, DSL, WPS block, ADSL, MAC; amongst others.
How to login in 192.168.1.12?
Through accessing your Router Admin from an IP address 192.168.1.12, you'll be able to adjust the settings and configurations your router program offers. Select 192.168.1.12 here or enter 192.168.1.12 in the address bar of your browser.
If that doesn't function then 192.168.1.12 isn't the IP address of your router. If you know the IP address of your router, type it in the URL Address of your browser. You will be redirected to the user login screen. Introduce your app router and password there.
When you forget your username and password, these instructions can be followed for recovery. If you haven't updated the router's default user and password, you can search the list of usernames and passwords on our router. When you are in the admin panel of the router you will be able to access and adjust all internet settings.
I forgot my router’s Username and Password for 192.168.1.12 IP Address :
Never did you change it? Seek to locate them in the list, then switch the router back to factory settings, you need to use a needle or toothpick to hold the button for 10 seconds, then you will be able to find the default 192.168.1.12 credentials.
Use of 192.168.1.12 IP address
192.168.1.12 is an IP address that is used as the default IP address by routers brands like 3Com, Cisco, Netgear, etc. 192.168.1.12 IP address is used to login into the router’s admin panel. There are so many other default IP addresses like 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.2.1 which are also mostly used by popular router brands. While setting up the router IP address is needed but in most of the cases technician set up the router. So, users never get a chance to know how they can use the IP address to change their settings or how they can change the settings of their router. If you want to do some changes in your router settings but you have no idea how you can do it, then continue reading we are going to teach you that.
How to find the IP address of my router
Here we are going to tell you how you can find the IP address of your router in different types of devices.
How to find the IP address of my router on a Windows device
- To find the IP address of your router on a Windows device you will need to open the command prompt on your computer.
- In case you don’t know how to open the command prompt then open the search box by pressing the windows key and type “cmd”.
- When “ cmd.exe” appears on the search result, select it.
- Now all you have to do is type a command “ipconfig” and then press enter key.
- After pressing the enter key, there will be so many information about your network on your screen and you will have to find the IPv4 address. IPv4 IP address is your router’s IP address.
How to find the IP address of my router on a Mac OS device
- Open the Apple menu on your Mac device to find the IP address of your router.
- Now look for the system preference option and then select it.
- Then select the network option and then there will be a new screen where you will your wifi connection.
- Click on the wifi and select the Advance option.
- Tap on the TCP/IP tab and you will see your router’s IP address.
How to find the IP address of router on Android device
- Go to the setting of you Android device to find the IP address of your router.
- Then go to the WiFi setting and select your WiFi name with whom you have connected your device.
- Now select Manage network settings.
- Then you will need to check the box of “Show advanced options” checkbox.
- Now select statistics and then you will see your router’s IP address.
How to find the IP address of the router on iPhone
- Like Android devices, in the iPhone also you will need to go to the settings to find the IP address of your router.
- Now go to the wifi setting and you will see the “i” button in front of network name of your wifi.
- After clicking on the “I” button you will see the “DHCP” tab, click on that.
- Now you will see your router’s IP address, mentioned in front of the word “router”.
How to configure the router with 192.168.1 IP address
Now that you have found how you can find your router’s IP address and login into your router, let’s see how you can configure your router.
- If you want to configure your router, you will need to login into the router. So, login into the router following the steps mentioned in the topic “How to login in 192.168.1.12?”.
- Now, if you have logged in then go to the settings and change the default password of your router.
- Then save the new password of your router and logout.
How to change the SSID of my router with 192.168.1 IP address
- As you may have understood that for changing any setting on your router you will need to login into the router. So, login into the router first.
- Then open the setting and find the network setting and enter into it.
- Then write a new SSID or network name for your router.
- Now save your new SSID and logout.
How to update the firmware of my router
Keeping the router’s firmware is a very important task that every user should do. If your router is misbehaving and you have tried everything but couldn’t solve the issue then try updating your router’s firmware. Updating the firmware of the router is really an easy task. To update the firmware of your router you will need to open the official site of your router’s brand. After opening the router’s official site look for the firmware update for your model. If there is a firmware update available for your model then upgrade your router’s firmware.
Changing the IP address of the router
Users can also change the router’s local IP address if they want. Here are the steps to change the local IP address of the router.
- Go to the admin panel of your router by using the current IP address and credentials of your router.
- Then go to the settings and select network setting.
- After that, write a new IP address and then save it.
- Now logout from your router’s admin panel. You should not leave your router’s admin logged in.
Private IP address and public IP address
Routers have two types of IP addresses public and private IP address and 192.168.1 is a private IP address. The public IP addresses are given by ISP (Internet Service Provider) and they change it every time you disconnect your device from the internet. When they change your IP address they pass your IP address to another user and other’s to you. Private IP address can not be used by devices outside the private network and public IP address can only be used outside the network. If you want to know your public IP address then you can search it on Google by typing “what is my ip” and if you want to find your private IP address then open a command prompt and type “ipconfig”.
Why am I unable to login into my router’s admin page with 192.168.1.12 IP address?
There can be many reasons for not being able to login into the admin panel of your router. Now we are going to tell you about every reason and their solutions.
Typing the IP address incorrectly
If you have entered the IP address 192.168.1.12 into the browser and getting an error message then make sure you are entering the correct digit of your IP address.
192.168.1.12 is not your IP address
If you have entered the right digits and still getting an error message then 192.168.1.12 is not your router’s IP address. To make sure you can check the list of “Router Brands using 192.168.1.12” in the bottom of this page. You can also confirm your router’s IP address by following the steps mentioned in the topic “How to find the IP address of my router”.
Check your username and password
In case your login page has opened but you are unable to login then there can be two reasons for that. One is you are entering the incorrect username and password. Second is someone has changed your router’s password. You can try logging in using the default username and password given on this page for 192.168.1.12 IP address. If you are still unable to login then reset your router by pressing the reset button on your router for thirty seconds. After resetting your router the default username and password of your router will be restored and then you can login into the router using the default username and password.
Check your connection
If after doing all these things, still you are unable to login then you should check if your device connected to the router or not. If not then connect your router with your device.
How to set up port forwarding on my router
If you want to access 192.168.1.12 IP address from the internet then you will need to set up port forwarding on your router. By opening ports, you allow games, servers, BitTorrent clients, etc to work through the router’s security. Here are the steps for setting up the port forwarding on your router.
- For setting up the port forwarding on your router you will need to login into the admin panel of your router.
- Then go to the settings and find the port forwarding setting.
- Enter the port number or range that you want to forward.
- Then choose TCP or UDP, depending on the application. In case you are sure about the type of protocol then you can select all.
- Now enter the static IP address and save the setting.
- Then enable the port forwarding setting if needed.